ALICE COOPER - I NEVER CRY

, , Sem Comentários

I NEVER CRY

ALICE COOPER
SONGWRITERS: ALICE COOPER & DICK WAGNER
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: ALICE COOPER GOES TO HELL
LABEL: WARNER BROS.
GENRE: SOFT ROCK
YEAR: 1976
 
         Alice Cooper (born Vincent Damon Furnier, February 4, 1948) is an American singer, songwriter, and actor whose career spans over 50 years. With a raspy voice and a stage show that features numerous props, including pyrotechnics, guillotines, electric chairs, fake blood, reptiles, baby dolls, and dueling swords, Cooper is considered by music journalists and peers to be "The Godfather of Shock Rock". He has drawn equally from horror films, vaudeville, and garage rock to pioneer a macabre and theatrical brand of rock designed to shock audiences.
           Originating in Phoenix, Arizona, in 1964, "Alice Cooper" was originally a band consisting of Furnier on vocals and harmonica, Glen Buxton on lead guitar, Michael Bruce on rhythm guitar, Dennis Dunaway on bass guitar, and Neal Smith on drums. The original Alice Cooper band released their debut album in 1969, and broke into the international music mainstream with the 1971 hit song "I'm Eighteen". The band reached their commercial peak in 1973 with their sixth studio album, Billion Dollar Babies. They broke up in 1975 and Furnier adopted the band's name as both his legal name and his stage name, beginning his solo career with the 1975 concept album Welcome to My Nightmare.
               Expanding from his Detroit rock roots, Cooper has experimented with a number of musical styles, including art rock, hard rock, heavy metal, new wave, glam metal, and industrial rock. He helped to shape the sound and look of heavy metal, and has been described as the artist who "first introduced horror imagery to rock and roll, and whose stagecraft and showmanship have permanently transformed the genre". He is also known for his wit offstage, with The Rolling Stone Album Guide calling him the world's most "beloved heavy metal entertainer". Away from music, Cooper is a film actor, a golfing celebrity, a restaurateur, and, since 2004, a radio DJ with his classic rock show Nights with Alice Cooper.
              "I Never Cry" is a song by American singer Alice Cooper. It was originally released on his Alice Cooper Goes to Hell album in 1976.
         The song was written by Cooper and Dick Wagner. The song peaked at Nº. 12 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and at Nº. 9 on Cash Box in January 1977. In Canada, it spent two weeks at Nº. 5.
          "I Never Cry" was performed live by Cooper, though not consistently, during all tours up to his break in touring due to his addiction to crack cocaine and eventual relapse into alcoholism following 1981’s Special Forces tour. When Cooper returned to touring after Constrictor, "I Never Cry" was never again performed until the 2002 ‘Descent into Dragontown’ tour, following which the song became was a regular part of setlists on the 2005–06 ‘Dirty Diamonds’ and 2009–10 ‘Theatre of Death’ tours.

If there is a tear on my face
It makes me shiver to the bones
It shakes me, Babe
It's just a heartache that got caught in my eye
And you know: I never cry, I never cry?
 
Sometimes I drink more than I need
Until the TV's dead and gone
I may be lonely
But I'm never alone
And the night may pass me by
But I never cry
 
Take away, take away my eyes
Sometimes I'd rather be blind?
Break a heart, break a heart of stone
Open it up but don't you leave it alone
 
'Cause that's all I got to give to you
Believe me Babe, ain? T it been used
My heart's a virgin, ain? T never been tried
And you know I never cry
And you know I never cry
And you know, And you know, And you know
Never cry, I never cry
 
Break a heart, break a heart of stone
Open it up but don't you leave it alone
'Cause that's all I got to give to you
Believe me Babe, ain't it been used
My heart's a virgin, its never been tried
And you know: I never cry!
I never cry!

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário