BUDDY GUY - STONE CRAZY

, , Sem Comentários

STONE CRAZY

BUDDY GUY
SONGWRITER: BUDDY GUY
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: I WAS WALKIN’ THROUGH THE WOOD
LABEL: ALLIGATOR
GENRE: BLUE
YEAR: 1979
 
          George "Buddy" Guy (born July 30, 1936) is an American blues guitarist and singer. He is an exponent of Chicago blues and has influenced guitarists including Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jeff Beck, Gary Clark Jr. and John Mayer. In the 1960s, Guy played with Muddy Waters as a house guitarist at Chess Records and began a musical partnership with the harmonica player Junior Wells.
         Guy was ranked 23rd in Rolling Stone magazine's "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time". His song "Stone Crazy" was ranked 78th in the Rolling Stone list of the "100 Greatest Guitar Songs of All Time". Clapton once described him as "the best guitar player alive". In 1999, Guy wrote the book Damn Right I've Got the Blues, with Donald Wilcock. His autobiography, When I Left Home: My Story, was published in 2012.
          The Blues Giant (also known as Stone Crazy!) is the fourth studio album by Buddy Guy. It was an attempt to capture Buddy's ferocious live performance style in a studio setting. It contains some of his most aggressive and unpredictable guitar solos.
            The 1970s was a very hard time for traditional Blues musicians. Only one Buddy Guy studio album had been released in that decade (Hold That Plane! - recorded in 1969, released in 1972), until he and his band entered Concoret Studios in Toulouse, France for these sessions. Buddy was pleased to record with French producer Didier Tricard. To release this album, Tricard founded a new label, named "Isabel" by Buddy Guy after his mother.
Woman you must be stone down crazy
Either you're going to lose your mind
Yes I said baby you must be stone crazy
Either you're going to lose your mind
Yes I wanna know how could you treat me so dirty baby
You must think my little heart is made of iron
 
Lord as I sit here in my dark room
Tears rolling down from my eyes
Yes I sit I sit here in my dark room
Tears rolling all down from my eyes
Yes you know my little baby looked at me and said daddy
Ohh, God knows you're the hurted child
 
Oh yeah
Somebody come and get me
 
Yes I think I'm going back down south
People where the weather suits my clothes
Yes I said I'm going back down south
People where the weather suits my clothes
Yes you know that I'm playing around in this big city so long man
Ohh, 'till I'm almost just done froze
 
Darling you must be stone crazy
Or either you're going to lose your mind
Yes I said woman you must be stone down crazy
Either you're going to lose your mind
Yes I wanna know how could you treat me so low down and dirty
You must be think my little heart is made of iron
 
Wow as I sit here in my dark room
Tears rolling all down my eyes
Yes I sit I sit right here right here in my dark room
Tears rolling all down from my eyes
Yes you know my little girl looked at me and said
Ohh, my daddy is a hurted child
 
Ohh, Look-a-here now
Somebody come here
 
Lord I believe I'm going back down south
Where the weather suits my clothes
Yes I believe I'm going back down south
People where the weather suits my clothes
Yes you know that I've played around in these big cities so long man
Ohh, 'till I'm almost done froze.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário