STEPHEN BISHOP - ON AND ON

, , Sem Comentários

ON AND ON

STEPHEN BISHOP
SONGWRITER: STEPHEN BISHOP
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: CARELESS
LABEL: ABC RECORDS
GENRE: SOFT ROCK
YEAR: 1977
 
              Earl Stephen Bishop (born November 14, 1951) is an American singer-songwriter, actor, and guitarist. His biggest hits include "On and On", "It Might Be You" and "Save It for a Rainy Day". He has appeared in and contributed musically to many motion pictures, including National Lampoon's Animal House.
        "On and On" is a song by American singer-songwriter Stephen Bishop. The song, from his debut album Careless, became a major hit, peaking at number 11 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and spending 28 weeks on the chart. In Canada, the song peaked at number 6.
On the U.S. Easy Listening chart, "On and On" peaked at number two. It reached number three on the corresponding Canadian chart.
              Despite failing to crack the top ten, it was the 30th ranked single on the Billboard magazine year-end chart for 1977 as a result of its almost seven-month chart run.
          The song was featured in the films Anger Management, How to Deal, The Hitcher, Margot at the Wedding, My Friend Dahmer and Remarkable Power.

Down in Jamaica
they got lots of pretty women
Steal your money
then they break your heart
Lonesome Sue
She's in love with ol' Sam
She take him from the fire
into the frying pan
 
On and on
She just keeps on trying
and she smiles
when she feels like crying
On and on...
 
Poor ol' Jimmy
Sits alone in the moonlight
He saw his woman kiss another man
So he takes a ladder
Steals the stars from the sky
Puts on Sinatra
and starts to cry
 
On and on
he just keeps on trying
and he smiles
when she feels like crying
On and on...
 
When the first time
is the last time
It can make you feel so bad
But if you know it
Show it
Hold on tight
Don't let her say, "Goodnight"
 
I got the sun on my shoulders
and my toes in the sand
My woman's left me for some other man
Aw, but I don't care
I'll just dream and stay tan
Toss up my heart
to see where it lands
 
On and on...
I just keep on trying
and I smile
when I feel like dying
On and on... 

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário