TRIUMPH - A WORLD OF FANTASY

, , Sem Comentários

A WORLD OF FANTASY

TRIUMPH
SONGWRITERS: G. MOORE; M. LEVINE; R. EMMETT & TAM PATRICK
COUNTRY: CANADA
ALBUM: NEVER SURRENDER
LABEL: ATTIC RECORDS
GENRE: HARD ROCK
YEAR: 1983
 
         Triumph was a Canadian hard rock band formed in 1975 that was popular in the late 1970s and the 1980s, building on its reputation and success as a live band. Between the band's 16 albums and DVDs, it has received 18 gold and nine platinum awards in Canada and the United States. It was nominated for multiple Juno Awards, including the 'Group of the Year Award' in 1979, 1985, 1986, and 1987. It was inducted into the Canadian Music Industry Hall of Fame in 2007, into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in 2008, and into Canada's Walk of Fame in 2019.
         Triumph is most known for its guitar-driven rock songs and alternative Canadian rock trio vibe with such songs as "Lay It on the Line", "Magic Power", "Fight the Good Fight", "World of Fantasy" and strong cover songs like "Rocky Mountain Way". The band was formed in Toronto, and for much of its existence featured Rik Emmett(guitar, vocals), Mike Levine(bass, keyboards), and Gil Moore(drums, vocals) from 1975 onward. This lineup, which recorded the band's first nine studio albums, lasted until 1988, when Emmett left Triumph to pursue a solo career. He was replaced by Phil "X" Xenedis, and Triumph recorded their last album to date, Edge of Excess, with him before going on indefinite hiatus in 1993. The classic line-up of Moore, Levine and Emmett reunited for two live concerts in 2008, at Sweden Rock Festival and Rocklahoma, and again in 2019 for a three-song performance in Toronto.
      Never Surrender is the sixth studio album by Canadian hard rock band Triumph, released in 1982. The album reached #26 on the Billboard Albums chart assisted by the singles "All the Way", "A World of Fantasy" and "Never Surrender" which hit #2, #3 and #23, respectively, on the Billboard's Mainstream Top Rock Tracks chart in 1983. "All the Way" (the third of the three tracks to chart) was Triumph's highest charting song on the Top Rock Tracks chart, but did not sustain that level of popularity with Triumph fans as the song is not included on their 1985 live álbum Stages, the later Classics (a Greatest Hits album) or 2005's Livin' for the Weekend: The Anthology album.
           In Canada, the album peaked at Nº. 29 on the RPM album chart (compared to Nº. 13 for their previous album, Allied Forces) and none of the singles managed to reach the Top 100 of the RPM Singles chart, although they received some airplay at album-oriented rock stations.
          A remastered CD was first released in 1985 on MCA Records (then again in 1995 on the band's own TRC label). A new remaster was released in November 2004 on the band's own label TML Entertainment.

I was out on my own in a great big world
Thought I'd seen it all
Then along comes a woman - a fantasy
And I took the fall
 
I was chasing a dream, I was fancy free
I was so naïve
You were all wrapped up in a mystery
You looked good to me
 
And I needed love I wanted it desperately
But oh, real love, you never came to me
 
[CHORUS:]
I was lost in your world of fantasy
I was caught in your game of make-believe
I was lost in your world of fantasy
 
Lost in your world of fantasy
Look what you've done to me
 
You were drawin' me in to a spider's web
With your hungry eyes
I was under your power I was in your spell
I was hypnotized
 
And oh sweet love: you wore such a strange disguise
So neat love: the way I fell for your lies
 
[CHORUS]
 
All the times you lied
And all the times I cried
I'm never gonna be the same again
 
Lost in your world of fantasy
Look what you've done to me.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário