DON MCLEAN - CRYING

, , Sem Comentários

CRYING

DON MCLEAN
SONGWRITERS: JOE MELSON & ROY OSBISON
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: CHAIN LIGHTNING
LABEL: EMI MUSIC
GENRE: ROCK
YEAR: 1979
 
     Donald McLean(born October 2, 1945) is an American singer-songwriter, best known for his 1971 hit song "American Pie", an 8-and-a-half-minute folk rock "cultural touchstone" about the loss of innocence of the early rock and roll generation. His other hit singles include "Vincent", "Dreidel", a rendition of Roy Orbison's "Crying", a rendition of the Skyliners' "Since I Don't Have You", and "Wonderful Baby".
    McLean's composition "And I Love You So" has been recorded by Elvis Presley, Perry Como, Helen Reddy, Glen Campbell, and others, and in 2000, Madonna had a hit with a rendition of "American Pie".
      In 2004, McLean was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. In January 2018, BMI certified that "American Pie" and "Vincent" had reached five million and three million airplays respectively.
    Chain Lightning is an album by American singer-songwriter Don McLean. It was recorded in Nashville between June and August 1978 and featured many of that city's noted session players as well as backing vocals from The Jordanaires. It was first released in December 1978 in the UK and other markets, but not released for another two years in the US following its delayed success in European markets. The lead single "Crying" became a major hit for McLean, reaching Nº 1 in the UK Singles Chart in June 1980. The album was subsequently repackaged and released in the US where it also became a success with "Crying" reaching the top five in early 1981. "Since I Don't Have You" was also released as a single, reaching #23.
I was all right for a while, I could smile for a while
But when I saw you last night, you held my hand so tight
When you stopped to say "Hello"
And though you wished me well, you couldn't tell
 
That I'd been crying over you, crying over you
Then you said "so long" left me standing all alone
Alone and crying, crying, crying crying
It's hard to understand that the touch of your hand
Can start me crying
 
I thought that I was over you but it's tru-ue, so true
I love you even more than I did before but darling what can I do
For you don't love me and I'll always be
 
Crying over you, crying over you
Yes, now you're gone and from this moment on
I'll be crying, crying, crying, crying
Yeah crying, crying, over you.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário