KANSAS - PEOPLE OF THE SOUTH WIND

, , Sem Comentários

PEOPLE OF THE SOUTH WIND

KANSAS
SONGWRITERS: KERRY A. LIVGREN & KERRY LIVGREN
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: MONOLITH
LABEL: KIRSHNER
GENRE: PROGRESSIVE ROCK
YEAR: 1979
 
       Kansas is an American rock band that became popular in the 1970s initially on album-oriented rock charts and later with hit singles such as "Carry On Wayward Son" and "Dust in the Wind". The band has produced nine gold albums, three multi-platinum albums (Leftoverture 4×, Point of Know Return 4×, and The Best of Kansas 4×), one other platinum studio album (Monolith), one platinum live double album (Two for the Show), and a million-selling single, "Dust in the Wind". Kansas appeared on the Billboard charts for over 200 weeks throughout the 1970s and 1980s and played to sold-out arenas and stadiums throughout North America, Europe and Japan. "Carry On Wayward Son" was the second-most-played track on US classic rock radio in 1995 and No. 1 in 1997.
           Monolith is the sixth studio album by American progressive rock band Kansas, released in 1979 (see 1979 in music). The album was remastered and reissued in 2011, as a Japanese import vinyl-replica Blu-spec CD (Epic EICP 20078) including the rarity live version of "On the Other Side" previously available only on the 1994 Legacy-issued Box Set. A domestic version of the remaster was released in standard CD format in the US as part of Legacy Recordings' Classic Album Collection series which included all of their Kirshner/CBS studio releases. A Dutch-issued "Music on CD" series released the album on CD in 2016. It was last of the albums with the original lineup to be re-released on vinyl. Three different colored vinyl versions appeared in 2018 and 2019.
There are some who can still remembre
All the things that we used to do
But the days of our youth were numbered
And the ones who survive it are few
Oh, I can still see the smiling faces
When the times were so good
All in the old familiar places
I'd go back if I could (to the)
 
People of the south wind, people of the southern wind
It's the people of the wind, I got to be there again
 
Well, it's a hard thing to face the music:
But it's something everybody has got to do
So I hope that I can always remember
All the crazy times we had to go through
Now it's a dream that is slowly fading
And I don't want it to go
All of the memories are evading
And I want you to know (it's the)
 
People of the south wind, people of the southern wind
It's the people of the wind, I got to be there again
 
Now we've traveled all across the oceans
And we've seen what there is to see
But I guess it's not the proper solution
Cause it's all about the same to me
Now I look back and it makes me wonder
Why we just couldn't see
All of the battles we fought and won there
And I wish that I could be with the
 
People of the wind
I want to see 'em again
It's where we used to be free
And that's the place for me
It's just a state of my mind
A thing that's so hard to find.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário