RICHARD MARX - STRAIGHT FROM MY HEART

, , Sem Comentários

STRAIGHT FROM MY HEART

RICHARD MARX
SONGWRITER: RICHARD MARX
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: DAYS IN AVALON
LABEL: SIGNAL 21
GENRE: POP ROCK
YEAR:2000
 
            Richard Noel Marx(born September 16, 1963) is an American adult contemporary and pop rock singer and songwriter. He has sold over 30 million albums worldwide.
      Marx's self-titled debut album went triple-platinum in 1987, and his first single, "Don't Mean Nothing", reached number three on the Bilboard Hot 100 chart. Between 1987 and 1994, he had 14 top 20 hits, including three number one singles.
            Marx is the only male artist in history to have his first seven singles reach the Top 5 on the Billboard charts. He has scored a total of 14 #1 singles, both as a performer and as a songwriter/producer. As a singer, his Nº 1 hits include "Right Here Waiting", "Hold On to the Nights", "Endless Summer Nights", and "Satisfied". According to Billboard, Marx "holds the distinction of having written songs that have hit Nº 1 on various Billboard charts in each of the last four decades (1980s-2010s)."
          Marx has written or collaborated on songs with other artists, including "This I Promise You" by NSYNC and "Dance with My Father" by Luther Vandross. Marx has been nominated for five Grammy Awards. In 2003, he won the Grammy for Song of the Year for "Dance with My Father".
         Days In Avalon is the sixth studio album by singer/songwriter Richard Marx, released independently in 2000 on the now defunct label Signal 21. This was the only release on the label created by Marx and Blood, Sweat, and Tears drummer Bobby Colomby.
              The title track, "Days In Avalon", was the only song within the album to appear on any charts. The song spent twelve weeks on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart, peaking at #25. "Straight From My Heart" was later released to country radio but failed to appear on any chart.
          Per Nielsen SoundScan, this album had sold 32,391 copies at the time of its deletion.

The sun's still warm and most days are good
The world still turns like you said it would
But this pain seems to never let me go
And there is really no movin' on
There's only going along
 
And I will always be
Better for you loving me
Better for the times we shared
That travel with me everywhere
 
And I will always try
To hold my head up to the sky
If only just to let you know
That straight from my heart
I still miss you so
 
If I could I would gladly trade
A thousand tomorrows for one yesterday
There are so many things that I would say
You're a part of every memory
That lives on in me. 

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário