KAREN SOUZA - MY ONE AND ONLY LOVE

, , Sem Comentários

MY ONE AND ONLY LOVE

KAREN SOUZA
SONGWRITERS: MELLIN ROBERT & WOOD GUY B.
COUNTRY: ARGENTINA
ALBUM: VELVET VAULT
LABEL: MUSIC BROKERS
GENRE: JAZZ
YEAR: 2017
 
    Karen Souza(born January 10, 1984) is an Argentinian jazz and bossa nova singer, songwriter, and producer.
     Velvet Vault is a studio album by Argentinian jazz singer Karen Souza. The album was recorded in Colombia, Japan, and Brazil and released on 1 December 2017 via Music Brokers label
      Andy Hermann of DownBeat wrote "Souza brings a timeless quality to the material, whether it’s a standard like “I Fall In Love Too Easily”—rendered on Velvet Vault as a hat-tip to Chet Baker’s iconic version, complete with muted trumpet—or a recent indie-rock hit like MGMT’s “Kids,” which Souza, who also produced Velvet Vault, stripped of its original electronic instrumentation and cast as a ghostly piano ballad".
      Ilana Kalish of Atwood Magazine noted "Since 2011, the vintage vixen has released 5 albums of covers as a soloist and more with The Cooltrane Quartet. But, Ms. Karen is no one trick vixen. Nestled in with the cornucopia of covers galore on her latest album Velvet Vault (’17) are some very well interpreted jazz standards. Which proves to an even broader, perhaps older generation of the music world that Ms. Souza’s chops are legitimate, and her kudos well earned".
        A reviewer of Broadway World stated "Featuring several jazz standards, "Velvet Vault" is a more mature and more subtle than Karen's previous efforts, and she truly feels is her best album to date"
The very thought of you makes my heart sing
Like an April breeze on the wings of spring
And you appear in all your splendor
My one and only love
 
The shadows fall and spread their mystic charms
In the hush of night while you're in my arms
I feel your lips so warm and tender
My one and only love
 
The touch of your hand is like heaven
A heaven that I've never known
The blush on your cheek
Whenever I speak
Tells me that you are my own
 
You fill my eager heart with such desire
Every kiss you give sets my soul on fire
I give myself in sweet surrender
My one and only love
 
The touch of your hand is like heaven
A heaven that I've never known
The blush on your cheek
Whenever I speak
 
Tells me that you are my own
You fill my eager heart with such desire
Every kiss you give sets my soul on fire
I give myself in sweet surrender
My one and only love.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário