CERRONE - GIVE ME LOVE

, , Sem Comentários

GIVE ME LOVE

CERRONE
SONGWRITERS: ALAIN WISNIAK
COUNTRY: FRANCE
ALBUM: SUPERNATURE
LABEL: MALLIGATOR
GENRE: DISCO
YEAR: 1977
 
       Marc Cerrone (French pronunciation: [ʒɑ̃ maʁk sɛʁɔn], Italian: [tʃerˈroːne]; born 24 May 1952) is a French disco drummer, composer, record producer and creator of concert shows. Cerrone is an influential producer of 1970s and 1980s disco songs. He has sold over 30 million albums worldwide, including over four million copies in France, and eight million copies of Supernature. The single "Love in C Minor" (1976) reached Nº. 3 and was in the charts for two months, selling three million copies. With "Supernature" (1977), Cerrone merged symphonic orchestration with synthesizers. At the 1978 Billboard Disco Forum, Cerrone received six awards including Disco Artist of the Year.
          In addition to Love in C Minor, Cerrone's Paradise and Supernature, Marc Cerrone enjoyed success in Europe with albums such as Cerrone IV: The Golden Touch (1978), Where Are You Now (1983), The Collector (1985), Human Nature (1994) and more recently with the dance albums Hysteria (2002) and Celebrate (2007)(???). Cerrone is also known for live performances. In 1991 he played on the show "Harmony" to celebrate the launch of Japan's first high-definition TV satellite. The rock opera was played to over 800,000 spectators at Tokyo harbour. Cerrone adapted "Harmony" for theatre. In 1992, the musical Dreamtime which was based on an original story by Cerrone ran for 140 shows on Broadway at New York's Ed Sullivan Theater.
          Cerrone has recorded and performed with Nile Rodgers, Toto, Laura Branigan, Jocelyn Brown, La Toya Jackson and Axelle Red. His music has been sampled by artists such as The Avalanches, Bob Sinclar, the Beastie Boys, "Le Knight Club" and Run-DMC.
            Supernature is Cerrone's third album, released in September 1977. It was released in France by Malligator Label. It is known also as Cerrone III, since it is the third album by Cerrone, who labeled his albums with a number.
         "Supernature" is the title track of Cerrone's 1977 album, Supernature (Cerrone III). Along with the tracks "Give Me Love" and "Love is Here", the song reached number one on the US disco/dance charts early in 1978. The single crossed over to both the Billboard Hot 100, where it peaked at number 70, and the soul charts, where it peaked at number 72. In August 1978, it peaked at number 8 in the UK Singles Chart after heavy use in the first series of The Kenny Everett Video Show. The lyrics were written by a Young Lene Lovich, though she was not credited. The song has an environmental theme, imagining a future in which the use of artificial chemicals in agriculture has caused "creatures down below" to emerge and "take their sweet revenge" against mankind.
          It was covered by Erasure in 1989, released with their single "You Surround Me". It was also covered by The Time Frequency in 1994 for their debut album, Dominator. The band Goldfrapp named their third studio album after the song.
      An instrumental edit of the song is used in Gaspar Noé's film Climax, being used for its opening choreography.

Give me love,
give me all that you've got
Give me love
You know that I need
 
Give me love
you baby
Give me love
Give me all that you've got
Give me love
Give me all that you've got
 
Give me love
Give me love
Give me all that you've got
 
You know
You know
I want you baby
Give me love
Give me all that you've got
 
Give me love
Give me the Lowing I need
I'm beg-ging, you please
 
Give me love
Give me all that you've got.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário