AL GREEN - TIRED OF BEING ALONE

, , Sem Comentários
TIRED OF BEING ALONE
AL GREEN
SONGWRITER: AL GREEN
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: AL GREEN GETS NEXT TO YOU
LABEL: HI RECORDS
GENRE: CLASSIC SOUL
YEAR: 1971

"Tired of Being Alone" is a soul song written by Al Green that became popular in the early 1970s and remains popular to this day, being a score in popular shows such as Nip/Tuck. It reached #11 on the Billboard Hot 100 and # 7 on the Hot Soul Singles Chart. Billboard ranked it as the No. 12 song for 1971.
Though released on the 1971 album, Al Green Gets Next to You, the song was written in late 1968 and intended to be released on the 1969 album, Green Is Blues. Problems occurred with the first recording, so it was postponed for production. It was altered and perfected the second time around.
"Tired of Being Alone" was produced and recorded by Willie Mitchell at Hi Records and mixed by Mitchell and Terry Manning.
In 1973, Green performed the song with Chicago on the TV special Chicago in the Rockies. In 2002, this recording appeared as a bonus track on the remastered version of Chicago VI.
In 2004, Green's version was ranked #293 on Rolling Stone's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
Albert Leornes Greene (born April 13, 1946), often known as The Reverend Al Green, is na American singer, songwriter and record producer; he is best known for recording a series of soul hit singles in the early 1970s, including "Take Me to the River", "Tired of Being Alone", "I'm Still in Love with You", "Love and Happiness", and his signature song, "Let's Stay Together". After an incident in which his girlfriend committed suicide, Green became an ordained pastor and turned to gospel music. He later returned to secular music.
Green was inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995. He was referred to on the museum's site as being "one of the most gifted purveyors of soul music". He has also been referred to as "The Last of the Great Soul Singers". Green is the winner of 11 Grammy Awards, including the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. He has also received the BMI Icon award and is a Kennedy Center Honors recipient. He was included in the Rolling Stone list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time, ranking at Nº. 65, as well as its list of the 100 Greatest Singers, at No. 14. 
I'm so tired of being alone
I'm so tired of on-my-own
Won't you help me girl
Just as soon as you can

People say that I've found a way
To make you say that you love me
Hey baby, you didn't go for that
It's a natural fact
That I wanna come back
Show me where it's at, baby

I'm so tired of being alone
I'm so tired of on-my-own
Won't you help me girl
Soon as you can

I guess you know that I, uh, I love you so
Even though you don't want me no more
Hey hey hey hey, I'm cryin' tears
All through the years
I'll tell ya like it is
Honey, love me if you will

Yeah baby
Tired of being alone here by myself, now
I tell ya, I'm tired baby
I'm tired of being all wrapped up late at night
In my dreams, nobody but you, baby
Sometimes I wonder
If you love me like you say you do
You see baby, I been thinkin' about it, yeah
I been, I been wantin' to get next to you baby
Ya see, sometimes I hold my arms, I say mmmm hmmm hmmm
Yeah baby
Meeting you has proven to me
To be my greatest dream, yeah

Tired, baby
Yeah, you don't know what I'm talkin' about
Sometimes late at night I get to wonderin' about you baby
Oh baby, baby
I'm so tired of being alone
I'm so tired of being alone
I'm so tired of being alone.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário