THE FLAMINGOS - I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU

, , Sem Comentários
I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU
THE FLAMINGOS
SONGWRITERS: AL DUBIN & HARRY WARREN
COUNTRY: U.S.A.
ALBUM: FLAMINGO SERENADE
LABEL: LONDON RECORDS
GENRE: R&B
YEAR: 1959

"I Only Have Eyes for You" is a romantic love song by composer Harry Warren and lyricist Al Dubin, written for the film Dames Successful recordings of the song have been made by Ben Selvin, The Flamingos, and Art Garfunkel.
The Flamingos are a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted doo-wop group from the United States, most popular in the mid- to late 1950s and best known for their 1959 cover version of "I Only Have Eyes for You". Billboard magazine wrote: "Universally hailed as one of the finest and most influential vocal groups in pop music history, the Flamingos defined doo wop at its most elegant and sophisticated."
The Flamingos received the Rhythm & Blues Foundation Pioneer Award in 1996 (where Terry Johnson, Jake Carey, Zeke Carey, Tommy Hunt and Johnny Carter performed) and were inducted into the Vocal Group Hall of Fame in 2000, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, and the Doo-Wopp Hall of Fame in 2004. The group that performed at the Rock Hall ceremony included Terry Johnson on lead, Tommy Hunt and Johnny Carter. In 2003, the Flamingos' recording of "I Only Have Eyes For You", co-written by Walle (Walter) Dillard, was inducted into the Grammy Award Hall of Fame.
My love must be a kind of blind love
I can't see anyone but you

Are the stars out tonight?
I don't know if it's cloudy or bright
I only have eyes for you, dear

The moon may be high
But I can't see a thing in the sky
I only have eyes for you

I don't know if we're in a garden
Or on a crowded avenue

You are here and so am I
Maybe millions of people go by
But they all disappear from view
And I only have eyes for you.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário