JON SECADA - TOO LATE TOO SOON

, , Sem Comentários
TOO LATE TOO SOON
JON SECADA
SONGWRITERS: LEWIS TERRY STEVEN; JON SECADA & HARRIS JAMES SAMUEL.
COUNTRY: CUBA
ALBUM: SECADA
LABEL: SBK RECORDS
GENRE: POP
YEAR: 1997

Jon Secada(born Juan Francisco Secada Ramírez; October 4, 1961) is a Cuban American and Afro-Cuban singer and songwriter. He has won two Grammy Awards and sold 20 million albums. He fuses funk, soul music, pop, and Latin percussion.
Secada has written songs for Gloria Estefan, Ricky Martin, and Jennifer Lopez. He has toured with Luciano Pavarotti and recorded duets with Jim Brickman, Olivia Newton-John, and Frank Sinatra.
Secada has performed many times at A Capitol Fourth.
From 1986 to 1991, Secada was a teacher at Miami Dade College.
In 1986, Secada was introduced to Emilio Estefan by his college acquaintances. Estefan listened to one of Secada's demos and then became Secada's mentor and manager. This led to Secada becoming a backup singer for Gloria Estefan's Miami Sound Machine.
In 1991 Secada co-wrote and was a backup singer for "Coming Out of the Dark," a number-one hit song inspired by a tour-bus accident involving Gloria Estefan in 1990, in which her back was broken.
In 1992 he released his self-titled debut album, which sold 7 million copies.
In 1994 he performed a duet with Frank Sinatra, a re-recording of "The Best Is Yet to Come," released on Sinatra's album Duets II. He also performed at the awards for Miss Venezuela 1994.
In 1995 he performed on Broadway in Grease, and he also presented at the 49th Tony Awards. He recorded If I Never Knew You, a duet with Shanice for Pocahontas.
In 1999 he co-wrote and produced "She's All I Ever Had" for Ricky Martin.
In 2003 he performed in Cabaret. He also co-wrote Juramento for Ricky Martin.
From 2006 to 2009 Secada was a judge on Latin American Idol for its entire four-season run.
In 2007 he co-wrote three songs, and performed in one, on Lilian Garcia's album ¡Quiero Vivir!
Tender was the night
Took an early flight
Rushing' home tonight
Something' wasn't right
I can't believe my eyes
I know I must be dreaming

Did I come home too late, too soon?
You in his arms told me the truth
Too late, too soon

I wish I would have known
I wouldn't have left you all alone
Temptation led you wrong
Tell me how long has this been going on
'Cause I thought our love was strong
But I guess I must be dreaming

Did I come home too late, too soon?
You in his arms told me the truth
Too late, too soon

What was I supposed to do?
You had to see it for yourself (you had to see it for yourself)
'Cause I thought our love was strong
But I guess I must be dreaming

Did I come home too late, too soon?
You in his arms told me the truth
Too late, too soon.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário