YUYA UCHIDA & THE FLOWERS - FREE STONE

, , 1 Comentário
FREE STONE
YUYA UCHIDA & THE FLOWERS
SONGWRITER: JIMMI HENDDRIX
COUNTRY: JAPAN
ALBUM: CHALLENGE!
LABEL: NIPPON COLUMBIA
GENRE: PSYCHEDELIC ROCK
YEAR: 1969

Challenge! is the debut studio album by Japanese rock band Flower Travellin' Band, then called Yuya Uchida & The Flowers, released in 1969. It features mainly cover songs, and was a means for Yuya Uchida to explore the emerging psychedelic rock movement outside his own career, and to introduce the work of upcoming Western bands such as Cream, Big Brother and the Holding Company, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Jefferson Airplane to a Japanese audience. It was named number 34 on Bounce's 2009 list of 54 Standard Japanese Rock Albums.
Shocked after seeing Jimi Hendrix perform in London in 1967, Yuya Uchida returned home and wanted to introduce a similar sound to Japan. He formed "the Flowers" as a cover band with various group sounds musicians, and two vocalists; male singer Hiroshi Chiba and female singer Remi Aso. The album also gained notoriety for featuring all of the band members nude on the cover.
Following its release, Uchida dropped all the members, except drummer George Wada, recruited guitarist Hideki Ishima, vocalist Joe Yamanaka and bassist Jun Kobayashi, and formed the Flower Travellin' Band as a band that would appeal to international audiences. Uchida himself reverted exclusively to the producer/manager role. Their first album, Anywhere, mirrored Challenge! by mainly consisting of cover songs and nude cover art.
On September 26, 2007, a limited edition of Challenge! was released with five bonus tracks. They are "Last Chance", "Flower Boy" and "Yogiri no Trumpet" which were previously released as singles in 1969, and the previously unreleased covers of "Fire" and "Five to One".
Every day in the week I'm in a different city
If I stay too long people try to pull me down
They talk about me like a dog
Talkin' about the clothes I wear
But they don't realize they're the ones who's square

Yeah!
And that's why
You can't hold me down
I don't want to be tied down I gotta move
Hey

I said
Stone free do what I please
Stone free to ride the breeze
Stone free, baby I can't stay
I got to got to got to get away
Yeah

Listen here baby
A woman here a woman there try to keep me in a plastic cage
But they don't realize it's so easy to break
Yeah but a sometimes I get a ha
Feel my heart kind a gettin' hot
That's when I got to move before I get caught

So dig this
And the is why, listen to me baby, you can't hold me down
I don't want to be tied down
I gotta move on

I said
Stone free do what I please
Stone free to ride the breeze
Stone free I can't stay
Got to got to got to get away
Yeah
Tear me loose baby

Hey
Yeah!
I said
Stone free to ride on the breeze
Stone free do what I please
Stone free I can't stay
Stone free I got to I got to get away
Hey
Stone free go on down the highway
Stone free don't try to hold me back baby
Stone free stone free
Stone free got to baby
Stone free got get on.

Um comentário: