BUDDY GUY - FIRST TIME I MET THE BLUES

, , Sem Comentários
FIRST TIME I MET THE BLUES
BUDDY GUY
SONGWRITER: EURREAL MONTGOMERY
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: FIRST TIME I MET THE BLUES
LABEL: BLUES ENCORE
GENRE: BLUES
YEAR: 1974

George "Buddy" Guy(born July 30, 1936) is an American blues guitarist and singer. He is an exponent of Chicago blues and has influenced guitarists including Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jeff Beck, Gary Clark Jr. and John Mayer. In the 1960s, Guy played with Muddy Waters as a house guitarist at Chess Records and began a musical partnership with the harmonica player Junior Wells.
Guy was ranked 23rd in Rolling Stone magazine's "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time". His song "Stone Crazy" was ranked 78th in the Rolling Stone list of the "100 Greatest Guitar Songs of All Time". Clapton once described him as "the best guitar player alive". In 1999, Guy wrote the book Damn Right I've Got the Blues, with Donald Wilcock. His autobiography, When I Left Home: My Story, was published in 2012.
He appeared onstage at the March 1969 "Supershow" in Staines, England, which also included Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Jack Bruce, Stephen Stills, Buddy Miles, Glenn Campbell, Roland Kirk, Jon Hiseman, and the Misunderstood. In 1972, he established The Checkerboard Lounge, with partner L.C. Thurman.
Guy's career was revived during the blues revival of the late 1980s and early 1990s. His resurgence was sparked by Clapton's request that Guy be part of the "24 Nights" all-star blues guitar lineup at London's Royal Albert Hall. Guy subsequently signed with Silvertone Records.
Guy had a small role in the 2009 crime film In the Electric Mist as Sam "Hogman" Patin.
As of 2019, Guy still performs at least a hundred and thirty nights a year, including a month of shows each January at his Chicago blues club, Buddy Guy's Legends.
In 2015, Alan Harper, a British blues fan, published the book Waiting for Buddy Guy: Chicago Blues at the Crossroads.
Buddy Guy was among hundreds of artists whose material was reportedly destroyed in the 2008 Universal fire
The first time I met the blues
People, you know I was walkin', I was walkin' down through the woods
Yes, the first time, the first time I met you, blues
Blues you know I was walkin', I was walkin' down through the woods
Yes, I've watched my house burnin' blues
Blues, you know you done me, you done me all the harm that you could

The blues got after me
People, you know they ran me from tree to tree
Yes, the blues got after me
Blues, you know you ran me, ran me from tree to tree

Yes, you should-a heard me beg ya, blues
Ah, blues, don't murder me

Yes, good mornin', blues
Blues, I wonder, I wonder what you're doin' here so soon
Yes, good mornin', good mornin', good mornin', mister blues
Blues, I wonder, I keep wonderin' what you're doin' here so soon
Yes, you know you'll be with me every mornin', blues
Every night and every noon
Oh, yeah.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário