DORIS DAY - WITH A SONG IN MY HEART

, , Sem Comentários
WITH A SONG IN MY HEART
DORIS DAY
SONGWRITER: RICHARD RODGERS & LORENZ HART
COUNTRY: U.S.A.
ALBUM: WITH A SONG IN MY HEART/78RPM
LABEL: COLUMBIA
GENRE: JAZZ
YEAR: 1950

"With a Song in My Heart" is a show tune from the 1929 Rodgers and Hart musical Spring Is Here.
In the original Broadway production it was introduced by John Hundley and Lillian Taiz. The following year, it was sung by Lawrence Gray in the Hollywood musical version of that show by Bernice Claire and Frank Albertson. The most popular recording of the song in 1929 was by Leo Reisman.
In 1933, it was included in a two-reel version of the film re-titled Yours Sincerely, part of the Broadway Brevities series, starring Lanny Ross.
In the 1944 Hollywood musical This Is the Life, it was sung by Donald O'Connor and Susanna Foster.
It was included in the 1948 musical film, Words and Music, a biography of Rodgers and Hart, where it was sung by Perry Como.
It was also heard, sung by Doris Day, in the 1950 Hollywood musical Young Man with a Horn.
In the 1951 Hollywood musical Painting the Clouds with Sunshine it was sung by Dennis Morgan and Lucille Norman.
It was the title song in the 1952 Hollywood musical With a Song in My Heart, a biographical movie about Jane Froman, in which it was sung by Froman on the soundtrack for Susan Hayward.


With a song in my heart
I behold your adorable face
Just a song at the start
But it soon is a hymn to your grace

When the music swells
I'm touching your hand
It tells that me you're standing near

And at the sound of your voice
Heaven opens its portals to me
Can I help but rejoice
That a song such as ours came to be?

But I always knew
I would live life through

With a song in my heart for you.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário