SARAH VAUGHAN - FLY ME TO THE MOON

, , Sem Comentários
FLY ME TO THE MOON
SARAH VAUGHAN
SONGWRITER: BART HOVARD
COUNTRY: U.S.A.
ALBUM: SINGS THE STANDARDS
LABEL: ROULETTE
GENRE: JAZZ
YEAR: 2004

"Fly Me to the Moon", originally titled "In Other Words", is a song written in 1954 by Bart Howard. Kaye Ballard made the first recording of the song in 1954. Since then it has become a frequently recorded jazz standard often featured in popular culture. Frank Sinatra's 1964 version was closely associated with the Apollo missions to the Moon.
In 1999, the US-based Songwriters Hall of Fame recognized the importance of "Fly Me to the Moon" by inducting it as a "Towering Song which is an award "...presented each year to the creators of an individual song that has influenced our culture in a unique way over many years.”
Fly me to the moon
And let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars
In other words hold my hand
In other words darling kiss me

Fill my life with song
And let me sing forevermore
You are all I hope for
All I worship and adore
In other words please be true
In other words I love you.

Repeat 2nd verse, then repeat !st verse

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário